By an old fireplace, there is comfortable seating for 12–16 people. Innermost in the cellar, the same number of guests can enjoy wine tasting, an aperitif, or an exquisite meal – or gather for after-dinner refreshments and good conversation. A welcoming outdoor space is also provided, and features a sculpture by Pål Vigeland, umbrellas under which to seek shelter if it rains, and heaters and blankets to keep you warm.
Click on the button below, or call +47 55 30 40 00. For groups and private functions, please send an enquiry!
Open Monday – Thursday, 17.00–24.00; Friday–Saturday, 17.00–00.30. The kitchen closes at 22.00. Alternative opening hours for groups on request.
Norway’s largest wine bar – with kitchen
Our sommeliers will help you discover gems in every price category – the perfect complement to our excellent Norwegian cuisine. Or, just come and enjoy some good wine and locally produced cheese and charcuteries. Welcome to our 400-year-old premises.
Exquisite wine and authentic culinary experiences!
- Charming, intimate, and rustic feel in a 400-year-old setting
- Welcoming backyard with seating
- Over 1300 wine labels – Norway’s largest winebar selection
- Norway’s second largest wine selection, beaten only by Park Hotel Voss
- Voted Bergen's best wine bar in 2012
- Voted Bergen's best spot for a romantic meal out in 2012
- Featured in Wine Spectator – the only one in Bergen – Best of Award of Excellence in 2013
- Seven unique spaces for groups
- Read more about Altona’s 400-year history here: On historic ground.
- Culture Trip listing: The 10 best bars in Bergen
The only one in Bergen listed in Wine Spectator
This year, Altona has again been recognised with the exclusive Best of Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator. The “two-glass rating” was also awarded in 2009, 2010, 2011 2012, 2013, and 2014. With a cellar featuring a selection of over 1300 wines, it should be possible to find something to satisfy your palate.
Groups and private functions
Please use the enquiry form below, and we will check availability and send you an offer.
Welcoming backyard with seating
Altona has a welcoming backyard ideal for an alfresco drink (smoking permitted), featuring a sculpture by Pål Vigeland, large umbrellas, and heating & blankets to keep you warm.
Group or private function?